Kelly KBS-E Brushless Motor Controller
||10 Seconds Current
||Kelly KBS48151E 24V-48V, 160A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KBS48181E 24V-48V, 200A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KBS48221E 24V-48V, 260A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KBS72151E 24V-72V, 160A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KBS72181E 24V-72V, 200A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KBS72221E 24V-72V, 260A Brushless Motor Controller
- Extended fault detection and protection. The LED flashing pattern indicates the fault sources.
- Monitoring battery voltage. It will stop driving if the battery voltage is too high and it will progressively cut back motor drive power as battery voltage drops until it cuts out altogether at the preset “Low Battery Voltage” setting.
- Built-in current loop and over current protection.
- Configurable motor temperature protection range.
- Current cutback at low temperature and high temperature to protect battery and controller. The current begins to ramp down at 90°C case temperature, shutting down at 100°C.
- The controller keeps monitoring battery recharging voltage during regenerative braking, progressively cutting back current as battery voltage rises then cutting off regen altogether when voltage goes too high.
- Maximum reverse speed is configurable to half of the maximum forward speed.
- An RS232 port allows for configuration, programming and software upgrades using the free Windows GUI with your PC.
- Provision of a +5 volt output to supply various kinds of sensors, including Hall effect type.
- 3 switch inputs which are activated by connection to Ground. Default to throttle switch, brake switch and reversing switch.
- 3 analog 0-5V inputs that default to throttle input, brake input and motor temperature input
- Pulsed reverse alarm output.
- Main contactor driver. Cutting off the power if any fault is detected.
- Current meter to display both drive and regen current. Save shunt!
- Configurable boost switch. Enables the maximum output power achievable if the switch is turned on.
- Configurable economy switch. Limits the maximum current to half if the switch is turned on.
- Maximum reverse power is configurable to half power.
- Enhanced regen brake function. A novel ABS technique provides powerful and smooth regen.
- Configurable 12V brake signal input, in lieu of motor temperature sensor.
- Optional joystick throttle. A bi-symmetrical 0-5V signal for both forward and reversing.
- Configurable motor over-temperature detection and protection with the recommended thermistor KTY84-130.
- 3 hall position sensor inputs. Open collector, pull up provided.
- Optional supply voltage 8V-30V.
- Intelligence with powerful microprocessor.
- Synchronous rectification, ultra low drop, fast PWM to achieve very high efficiency.
- Electronic reversing.
- Voltage monitoring on 3 motor phases, bus, and power supply.
- Voltage monitoring on voltage source 12V and 5V.
- Current sense on all 3 motor phases.
- Current control loop.
- Hardware over current protection.
- Hardware over voltage protection.
- Configurable limit for motor current and battery current.
- Support torque mode, speed mode, and balanced mode operation.
- Low EMC.
- LED fault code.
- Battery protection: current cutback, warning and shutdown at configurable high and low battery voltage.
- Rugged aluminum housing for maximum heat dissipation and harsh environment.
- Rugged high current terminals, and rugged aviation connectors for small signal.
- Thermal protection: current cut back, warning and shutdown on high temperature.
- Configurable 60 degree or 120 degree hall position sensors.
- Support motors with any number of poles.
- Up to 40,000 electric RPM standard. Optional high speed 70,000 ERPM. (Electric RPM = mechanical RPM * motor pole pairs).
- Support three modes of regenerative braking: brake switch regen, release throttle regen, 0-5V analog signal variable regen.
- Configurable high pedal protection: the controller will not work if high throttle is detected at power on.
- Current multiplication: Take less current from battery, output more current to motor.
- Easy installation: 3-wire potentiometer will work.
- Standard PC/Laptop computer to do programming. No special tools needed.
- User program provided. Easy to use. No cost to customers.
- Frequency of Operation: 16.6kHz.
- Standby Battery Current: < 0.5mA.
- 5V Sensor Supply Current: 40mA.
- Controller supply voltage range: PWR, 18V to 90V for controllers rated equal or lower than 72V. 8V to 30V for 24V controller.
- Supply Current, PWR, 30mATypical.
- Configurable battery voltage range, B+. Max operating range: 18V to 1.25*Nominal Voltage.
Standard Throttle Input:
- 0-5 Volts (3-wire resistive pot)
- 1-4 Volts (hall active throttle)
- Analog Brake and Throttle Input: 0-5 Volts. Can use 3-wire pot to produce 0-5V signal.
- Reverse Alarm, Meter: <200mA. Main Contactor Coil Driver<2A.
- Full Power Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 70°C (MOSFET temperature).
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 100°C (MOSFET temperature).
- Motor Current Limit, 10 seconds boost: 160A-260A, depending on the model.
- Motor Current Limit, continuous: 80A-130A, depending on the model.
- Max Battery Current: Configurable.