Kelly KPM-KD Full Bridge Permanent Magnet DC Motor Controller
||Kelly KPM48401KD 24V-48V, 400A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KPM48501KD 24V-48V, 500A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KPM72401KD 24V-72V, 400A Brushless Motor Controller
||Kelly KPM72501KD 24V-72V, 500A Brushless Motor Controller
- Extended fault detection and protection. Customers can read the error code in PC software or in Android App also.
- Monitoring battery voltage. Stop driving if battery voltage is too high or too low.
- Built-in current loop and over current protection.
- Configurable motor temperature protection range.
- Current cutback at low temperature and high temperature to protect battery and controller. The current begins to ramp down at 90°C case temperature, shutting down at 100°C.
- Provision of a +5 volt output to supply various kinds of sensors, including Hall effect type.
- 4 switch inputs which are activated by connection to Ground. Default to throttle switch, two speed shift control switch, forward and reversing switch.1 switch input is activated by connection to 12V which is pin11 of controller.
- 3 analog 0-5V inputs that default to throttle input, brake input and motor temperature input.
- Meter function: Current meter can display both drive and regen current. Save shunt.
- Configurable boost switch. Enables the maximum output power achievable if the switch is turned on. Boost used the same pin as Brake_AN. Input 5V to activate this function.
- Configurable economy switch. Limits the maximum current to half if the switch is turned on. Economy used the same pin as Brake_AN. Input 5V to activate this function. You can not enable Boost and Economy function in the user program at the same time.
- Configurable speed in reversing direction.
- Enhanced regen brake function. A novel ABS technique provides powerful and smooth regen. The regen can happen at any speeds until zero speed.
- Joystick throttle. A bi-symmetrical 0-5V signal for both forwarding and reversing. Can be enabled or disabled in the user program.
- Configurable motor over-temperature detection and protection with the recommended thermistor KTY84-130/150 or KTY83-122.
- Using battery-powered.
- KPM-KD controller includes fuse and shunt on the top of the case.
- Bluetooth function. Required a small Bluetooth converter which can be purchased from our website in addition. Customers can use this function to do programming on Android Phone.
- Bluetooth converter is only useful for KPM-KD controller. PM controller can not support it.
- Intelligence with powerful microprocessor.
- Synchronous rectification, ultra low drop, and fast PWM to achieve very high efficiency.
- Electronic reversing, no reversing contactor needed, fast direction change, high reliability and efficiency, low noise, no arc, no wearing, no life limit, easy maintenance.
- Voltage monitoring on voltage source 12V and 5V.
- Current limit and torque control. Configurable torque mode and speed mode.
- Low EMC.
- Battery protection: current cutback, warning and shutdown at configurable high and low battery voltage.
- Thermal protection: current cut back, warning and shutdown at high temperature.
- Configurable high pedal protection: the controller will not work if high throttle is detected at power on.
- Support three modes of regenerative braking: brake switch regen, release throttle regen, 0-5V analog signal variable regen.
- Standard PC/Laptop computer or Android Tablet is used to do programming. No special tools needed.
- User program provided. Customers can download user program from website for free. No cost to customers.
- Frequency of Operation: 16.6KHz.
- Standby Battery Current: < 0.5mA.
- 5V or 12V Sensor Supply Current: 40mA.
- Controller supply voltage range, PWR, 18V to B+
- Supply Current, PWR, 30mA Typical.
- Configurable battery voltage range, B+. Max operating voltage: 18V to 1.25*Nominal Voltage.
Standard Throttle Input:
- 0-5 Volts (3-wire resistive pot)
- 1-4 Volts (hall active throttle)
- Analog Brake and Throttle Input: 0-5 Volts.
- Full Power Temperature Range: 0°C to 70°C (MOSFET temperature).
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 100°C (MOSFET temperature).
- Motor Current Limit, 30s: 400A-500A, depending on the model.
- Motor Current Limit, continuous: 160A-200A, depending on the model.
- Max Battery Current: Configurable.